In no particular order, I’ve created a list of a few things I’d like to accomplish. Someday.
Yes, I will be 40 in 9 months, and it would be lovely if all of these things could be accomplished before that big milestone. But if old age has taught me nothing else, it has taught me to be realistic.
Also? This list doesn’t contain 14 items. Old age has also taught me to leave room for more. I’m very wise like that.
1. See the Red Wood Forest in California. I have no idea why this is such a big deal to me, but it is SUCH a big deal to me. I want to literally hug those trees. Well, a tiny portion of those trees anyway. Those trees beckon me.
2. Learn to hula hoop. Stop laughing. I’ve tried and tried and I end up looking like a drunk epileptic.
3. Climb to the top of a water ski pyramid. This should probably be at the bottom of my list, as it is likely to be the last thing I ever do. Watery grave FTW!
4. Travel to London with Dave. I want to spend a ridiculous amount of time touring the streets with him. We’ve both been there - he even lived there for a time – but we’ve never been together.
5. Sleep in a tent. Because I never have. Ever. I’ve never slept outside in my whole life. And we own a tent! And my husband is a Boyscout! This seems totally do-able. I do wonder how he’ll rid the entire campsite of bugs, but I’m sure he has a way. I also hate the smell of campfires. But I’m sure he as a way to build a non-smelly fire, yes?
6. Own a kitten. Or a bunny. Probably it will be a bunny because Dave Ortloff would divorce me if I got a cat. So bunny it is. I will name her Harriet. Or Hare-EE-it, get it? If for some reason Dave hits his head and forgets that he hates cats, I would like a male yellow cat named Morris. He would lay in my lap while I work. I would luff him.
7. Own a lakehouse. This is a biggie. Our finances are such that I would need to rob a bank, sell a kidney and/or win the lottery to make this happen. But a girl can dream. (Do you know anyone who needs a kidney?)